Glasgow Rangers Ibrox Stadium Street Signs Autographed by players
Authentic Glasgow Rangers Ibrox Stadium Street Signs Autographed by players. During signings FirstClassMemorabilia have obtained signed street signs.
Ibrox Stadium is a football stadium on the south side of the River Clyde in the Ibrox area of Glasgow, Scotland. The home of Rangers Football Club, Ibrox is the third largest football stadium in Scotland. With an all-seated capacity of 50,817.
Opened as Ibrox Park in 1899, it suffered a disaster in 1902 when a wooden terrace collapsed. Again, Vast earthen terraces built in its place, and a main stand, now a listed building, in 1928. A British record crowd of 118,567 gathered in January 1939 for a league match with Celtic. After the Ibrox disaster of 1971, the stadium largely rebuilt. The vast bowl-shaped terracing removed and replaced by three rectangular, all-seated stands by 1981. After renovations completed in 1997, the ground renamed Ibrox Stadium.
Ibrox hosted the Scotland national football team when Hampden Park redeveloped in the 1990s. Three Scottish cup finals in the same period, and has also been a concert venue.
Ibrox Street signs
Three rows of seating, added to the front of the Govan Stand upper tier in 2006. Linked to a new ‘Bar 72’ area, increasing the capacity to its present figure of 50,817. The Main Stand was renamed the Bill Struth Main Stand in September 2006. To commemorate the 50th anniversary of his death. The Jumbotron screens were replaced in 2011 with modern LED screens.
Additionally, Rangers became insolvent in February 2012 and was unable to reach a company voluntary arrangement with its creditors. Principally HM Revenue and Customs. Because, Ibrox Stadium, along with the business and other assets of Rangers. Sold in June 2012 to a new company run by Charles Green. Furthermore, the new company obtained the SFA membership of the old Rangers FC company. And gained entry to the Scottish Football League Third Division.
Also, on 9 April 2013, announced that the Jumbotron screens replaced. The previous screens were inferior and had become pixelated. In addition, on 16 July 2014 the club paid a lasting tribute to Sandy Jardine by renaming the Govan Stand in his honour.
In 2016, the club added large banners to the stadium exterior (covering the separate Edmiston House office building; then the Copland Stand/Sandy Jardine Stand corner) depicting images of past players, entitled ‘Icons Of Ibrox’. Then again, the following year, some supporters were displeased when further banners were added over the glass block-walled staircase towers on either side of the main stand leading up to the Club Deck; the banners were removed within a few months, with the club stating it was a marketing exercise to highlight the potential of the staircases as advertising space.
Autographed Ibrox Stadium Street Signs: